FirefighterToolbox Podcast/ Internet Radio Show Episode #007 Failure Is Not An Option
Interview with Michael Rehfeld
About Michael Rehfeld:
Michael is a retired 32 year firefighter with 32 years of service on the volunteer side and 24 years of service on the career side. His resume runs deep in both the fire service and the law enforcement field.
In his fire service career, Michael worked for the Baltimore County (MD) Fire Department where he held the position of Instructor/Fire Apparatus Driver Operator/Hazardous Material Specialist up until 2010 when he retired. As a volunteer he rose to the position of Assistant Chief with the Westminister (Maryland) Volunteer Fire Company.
About this Episode:
In this episode, Failure is Not An Option rings through all that Mike shares with us.
I interview Mike Rehfeld, a founding contributor here at FirefighterToolbox on what it takes to be a great firefighter,what he has learned in his 32 years in the brotherhood and how failure is not an option for the fire service and the firefighter.
- What is the best way for a new firefighter to gain experience and skills to be a great firefighter.
- What does it take to have a great career as a firefighter?
- What’s the best way to learn truck work?
- What is the importance of online tools and videos for today’s firefighter?
- What were your last years like on the job?
- What are the important aspects of being a firefighter and making through to the end?
- What is Brotherhood?
Based on over 100 studies and 100’s of hours of research, Mike tells us:
- What are the key REAL LIFE safety & survival skills.
- What to do when a MayDay is called. ( And not your typical LUNAR)
- Why is it so vital for us to know our role specifically on the fire ground.
- What are the fundamentals of firefighter survival? What should we practice and be proficient at?
- What is the common pattern with mayday calls that lead to death?
- This and so much more. Don’t Miss This One!
About the FirefighterToolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show
The FirefighterToolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show is audio program for up and coming firefighters and leaders who want to become better at the ever evolving skill of firefighting and to continue growing into a better leader. We interview great firefighters and officers and others who can bring great ideas, insights and information and share it with us so we can take our skills to the next level. New episodes every Tuesday. (Most listen to it on the commute to work, working out, doing chores or as a company training.)
To learn more about the show– Click Here
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here