Equipping ourselves in our >emotional battles.
In this firefighter training episode, Anita Brooks and David Soler gives us some tools to help others and ourselves through the emotional battles we go through. We learn about secondary traumatic stress, how constantly dealing with death and destruction affects our people in the fire ground, and how we can properly prevent the stress from building up and breaking us down.
- What is Secondary Trauma?
- What do we need to know about dealing with dealing with death and destruction repeatedly as firefighters?
- What are some of the things that we can to identify the stress in ourselves and others?
- What can we do to help ourselves and others?
- How are we burying stress in to ourselves? What does “We can take stress” mean?
- Some more advice on how can help ourselves and others.
Intro by: Capt. Andy Starnes, City of Charlotte Fire Department.
About Anita Brooks:
Anita Brooks motivates others to dynamic breakthroughs. Blending mind, heart, and spirit, as an Inspirational Business/Life Coach, International Speaker, and Common Trauma Expert.
Anita is also an award-winning author. Her titles include: Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over, Barbour Publishing, First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market, Leafwood Publishing, Death Defied-Life Defined: A Miracle Man’s Memoir, and contributor to The Change: Insights Into Self Empowerment Book #4. Her books are available at major and
independent bookstores, Amazon, plus several online retailers.
She fulfills her mission to help 21st century women and men make fresh starts with fresh faith by sharing what she’s learned through experience, interviews, and research. She will soon release the Fresh Faith Inspirations podcast.
Anita’s favorite pastime is watching sunsets with her husband of 30 years, while they laugh and dip their toes in the water. Her favorite passion is inspiring others to
transform battles into victories.
About the Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show
The Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show is an audio program for up and coming firefighters and leaders who want to become better at the ever evolving skill of firefighting and to continue growing into a better leader. We interview great firefighters, officers, and other authorities inside and outside of the fire service who bring great ideas, insights, and information to share with us so we can take our skills to the next level.
Mentions on the Show
- Share the Load Support Program – Fire EMS helpline 888-731-FIRE
- Anita’s website: AnitaBrooks.com
- Reach out through her email: email@example.com
- Zenith Zone Consulting website: www.zenithzone.com
- Getting Through What You Can’t Get Through.
- First Hired, Last Fired: How to Become Irreplaceable in Your Job Market
- Death Defined, Life Defined: A Miracle Man’s Memoir (Fall 2015 Release)
- Contributor: The Change: Insights in to Self-Empowerment #4
To learn more about the show– Click Here —–
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here