Understanding our role in a fire scene investigation.
In this firefighter training episode Darren Dake and David Soler talk about the field of fire death investigation, and what we, as firefighters, need to know about how we can help medical examiners preserve evidence and get the answers that they need.
- What are some of the biggest mistakes/issues you see firefighters doing in terms of the Medical examiner?
- What are, maybe, the top priorities that we need to have in our minds as firefighters or EMS personnels on a scene like this?
- How can firefighters / EMS work with the Coroner / MEs at fire scenes?
- How can we have better cooperation and scene management?
- How can we (fire service) do a good job preserving the evidence and scene while still doing our job?
- What else should we as firefighters/EMS know about to help?
Intro by: Lt. Jim Moss, Metro West Fire Protection District, St. Louis, Missouri.
About Darren Dake:
Darren is a medicalegal death investigator for the Crawford County Coroner’s Office in Missouri.
Darren has a tri-balanced background in law enforcement investigations, corporate leadership, and Christian ministry.
He is a certified teaching instructor and criminal investigator with over 28 years experience in the field of law enforcement and death investigations.
holds a certification as an instructor for the Department of Public Safety in the State of Missouri, and serves as the Director of Training for the Association of Missouri Deputy Sheriffs,
He is the lead instructor and facilitator for Coroner Talk™, and hosts its online podcast program for death investigators, by death investigators
He’s an author, speaker, trainer, and podcast producer at Coronertalk.com
He is committed to transparency, integrity, and accuracy.
About the Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show
The Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show is an audio program for up and coming firefighters and leaders who want to become better at the ever evolving skill of firefighting and to continue growing into a better leader. We interview great firefighters, officers, and other authorities inside and outside of the fire service who bring great ideas, insights, and information to share with us so we can take our skills to the next level.
Mentions on the Show
- Listen to Darren’s podcast “Coroner Talk” at Coronertalk.com
To learn more about the show– Click Here —–
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here