FirefighterToolbox Podcast/ Internet Radio Show Episode #009
Interview with Captain Josh Fannon, Baltimore City Fire Dept (MD)
About this Episode:
In this episode I dive deep with Captain Fannon of the Baltimore City Fire Dept. to learn what it takes to be a great firefighter and leader. How to motivate your crew and why there is no room for trash talking and chest beating in the fire service.
We also discuss:
- What are the core values of great firefighters and what does it take to be a great leader and lead your crew.
- How does he motivate his crews.
- How his station trains especially in a very busy fire house.
- What his thoughts are on being a confident firefighter vs arrogant firefighter.
- We also discussed being a fan of the sport of firefighting
- Ladder 49 and what character he would play in the movie.
- How he participated in the movie.
- Is there a Ladder 49 and has he been stationed there.
- [He shares some of the stories he knew of with the actors and the BCFD.]
- This and more.
About Captain Josh Fannon:
Josh Fannon is a 4th generation firefighter and has over 14 years in the fire service and is currently a Captain with the Baltimore City Fire Dept. (MD) and is assigned to the 6th Battalion. He has served with Truck Co 15 & Engine 13 throughout his career.
Captain Fannon is also a fire instructor and is a Maryland State Certified Instructor (MICRB) and is an adjunct instructor at the Baltimore City Fire Academy
Captain Fannon has a Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore, Bachelor of Science in Fire Science from the University of Maryland University College and an Associates of Arts in Political Science.
Josh also volunteers with the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company (Harford County,MD) and continues to teach at the fire academy.
About the FirefighterToolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show
The FirefighterToolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show is audio program for up and coming firefighters and leaders who want to become better at the ever evolving skill of firefighting and to continue growing into a better leader. We interview great firefighters and officers and others who can bring great ideas, insights and information and share it with us so we can take our skills to the next level. New episodes every Tuesday. (Most listen to it on the commute to work, working out, doing chores or as a company training.)
To learn more about the show– Click Here
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Please share your comments about the interview below.