Fridays are dedicated to officer and firefighter leadership and development. In order to be an effective leader and a better fireground officer there are arguably many factors that can affect how you develop your administrative and operational skills. These articles are intented to help you build on what you already have in you.
These are the most read leadership and development articles for 2013.
1. 5 Biggest Mistakes New Officers Make And How To Avoid Them (Dixon)
2. Indoctrination – What It Is And Why It’s Necessary (Dixon)
3. Fire Ground Decision Making- Part 1 (Smith)
4. Leadership – Is It In You? (Dixon)
5. The Fire Service Leader – What We Can Learn From The Army (Simmons)