049- Tactical Considerations for Attic Fires
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Firefighter Training Episode 049 about strategies and tactics when dealing with attic fires
Listen in to this firefighter training podcast and learn:
- Strategies for maximum efficiency and maximum safety when when firefighting personnel are faced with an attic fire.
- The dangers firefighters encounter when dealing with attic/compartment fires.
In this firefighter training episode, Mike Daley gives us a short course on Attic Fires 101.
- Understanding fire behavior and fire ground tactics.
- The risks involved in facing attic fires.
- The current trends in construction and how they affect fire ground safety.
- Strategies in identifying the presence on an attic fire.
- Strategies in extinguishing attic fires and keeping your firefighting personnel safe.
- Useful tools when dealing with compartment fires.
Intro by Chris Moren – creator of the Pig Tool
About Mike Daley
Mike Daley, owner and founder of FIRE SERVICE PERFORMANCE CONCEPTS, has served over 25 years in the emergency services, in various Fire, Rescue and EMS positions. He is currently working as a Lieutenant for Monroe Township (NJ) Fire District #3, and serves as the department’s Training Officer. He is also actively teaching as an Instructor with the Middlesex County Fire Academy, where he also develops Firefighting and Technical Rescue programs for the facility. Mike is also serving as a Rescue Officer and Staff Instructor for New Jersey Task Force 1 – Urban Search and Rescue.
Lt. Daley’s educational background includes an extensive level of training in the disciplines of fire suppression, technical rescue, emergency medical training, and fire prevention studies. He holds certifications in multiple competencies, including Rescue Technician, Incident Safety Officer, Hazardous Materials Specialist/On-Scene Incident Commander, Emergency Medical Technician, Fire Instructor, Drill Ground Instructor, Fire Inspector, and Fire Officer. He holds degrees in Business Management and a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Safety Administration, and has been inducted into the Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter of the National Honor Society. Additionally, In 2012, Lt. Daley was awarded the nation’s first Master Fire Instructor Credential from the International Society of Fire Service Instructors.
Lt. Daley has traveled nation-wide as a Lecturer and Hands-On Instructor at many national training venues, including:
- Fire Department Instructors Conferences (Including East and West)
- Firehouse Expo
- Firehouse Central
- Reno Fire Tech
Lt. Daley has also been published in many of the leading fire service trade magazines, and is currently a monthly columnist on Firehouse.com as well as a Technical Rescue Contributor for Firehouse Magazine, serving as a featured writer on ALL aspects of firefighting and technical rescue.
Lt. Daley’s passion to share his knowledge and serve as a positive influence in the world of emergency service operations has earned him the respect of his peers, on both a local and national level. His mission continues through his work here within our organization, and continually sets the bar for efficiency and performance within all of the departments that he shares his knowledge with.
Mentions on the Show
- Reach out to Mike Daley via his email or through the FSPC Twitter account.
- The Fire Service Performance Concepts website
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology website
About The Game “Are You Smarter Than A Probie?”
David Soler and Firefighter Toolbox are also the creators of the “Are You Smarter Than A Probie?” game show. Listen in weekly as brave firefighters compete to answer 5 FFI/FFII questions on the hot seat and prove they are smarter than a probie. New episodes every Tuesday. (Most listen to it on the commute to work, working out, doing chores or as a company training.) To learn more about the show– Click Here —–
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here