Taking care of the folks we serve and taking care of our community.
Firefighter Training Episode 055 of the FirefighterToolbox podcast is about the relationship between a fire department its community.
In this episode Capt. Greg May shares how the Fort Lauderdale City Fire Department had earned the support and admiration of its community by going above and beyond just doing their job.
Greg May shares:
- How good community relations can impact your fire department.
- 4 Ws of building great community relations.
- Simple strategies in building great community relations.
- How to combat bad publicity.
- Some ideas on how your department can engage with the community.
Intro by Chief Les Karpluk author of Leadership Prescribed and
Dillon Messina from Tampa, FL.
Capt. Greg May
Gregory May has over 22 years in the fire service and is currently a Captain assigned to Fire Administration with the City of Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue. Prior to his current position, Captain May served 3 years in the Training and Special Operations Bureau. Throughout his operations career he has been assigned to the 2nd Battalion which services the downtown and central districts of Fort Lauderdale.
Captain May is a State of Florida Fire Instructor III, Live Fire Training Instructor, Incident Safety Officer and an adjunct instructor at the Coral Springs Fire Academy where he is one of the founding members of the Firefighter Advanced Survival Techniques program (F.A.S.T). Captain May holds numerous Special Operations certifications and numerous awards for his service.
Mentions on the Show
- You can reach Capt. Greg May through his email
- For news and updates about the Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue, visit their official Facebook page
- To know more about the Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue community-driven programs, visit their website
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here